(505 ILCS 110/4.4)
(from Ch. 5, par. 404.4)
Labeling for vegetable seeds in packets as prepared for use in home
gardens or household plantings or vegetable seeds in preplanted containers,
mats, tapes, or other planting devices shall include:
(1) Name of kind and variety of seed.
(2) For seeds which germinate less than the standard last established by
the Director under this Act:
(a) Percentage of germination, exclusive of hard seed,
(b) Percentage of hard seed, if present,
(c) The calendar month and year the test was completed to determine such
(d) The words "Below Standard" in not less than 8-point type, and
(3) Name and address of the person who labeled the seed or who sells,
offers, or exposes the seed for sale within this State.
(4) Lot identification, such as by lot number or other means.
(5) The year for which the seed was packed for sale as "Packed for" or
the percentage germination and the calendar month and year the test was
completed to determine such percentage.
(6) For seeds placed in a germination medium, mat, tape, or other device
in such a way as to make it difficult to determine the quantity of seed
without removing the seeds from the medium, mat, tape or device, a
statement to indicate the minimum number of seeds in the container.
(Source: P.A. 85-717.)