(505 ILCS 100/2)
(from Ch. 5, par. 952)
As used in this Act:
(1) "Person" means any individual, partnership,
firm, corporation, company, society, association, the State or any
department, agency, or subdivision thereof, or any other entity.
(2) "Control", "controlled" or "controlling" includes being in
charge of or being in possession, whether as owner, lessee, renter, or
tenant, under statutory authority, or otherwise.
(3) "Director" means the Director of the Department of Agriculture
of the State of Illinois, or his or her duly appointed representative.
(4) "Department" means the Department of Agriculture of the State of
(5) "Noxious weed" means any plant which is determined by the
Director, the Dean of the College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences of the University of
Illinois and the Director of the Agricultural Experiment Station at the
University of Illinois, to be injurious to public health, crops,
livestock, land or other property. "Noxious weed" does not include industrial hemp as defined and authorized under the Industrial Hemp Act.
(6) "Control Authority" means the governing body of each county, and
shall represent all rural areas and cities, villages and townships
within the county boundaries.
(7) "Applicable fund" means the fund current at the time the work is
performed or the money is received.
(Source: P.A. 99-539, eff. 7-8-16; 100-1091, eff. 8-26-18.)