(505 ILCS 25/3)
(from Ch. 5, par. 1403)
Name and purposes.
(a) The name of the program created and organized by this Act shall be the Illinois Beef Association Checkoff Division.
(b) The purposes and objectives of the program shall include:
(1) To promote the sale and use of beef and beef
products and to support national beef promotion, research, education, and other consumer marketing activities at a funding level to be determined by the Checkoff Division and to otherwise support consumer market development and promotion efforts on a national or international scale;
(2) To develop new uses and markets for beef and beef
(3) To develop and improve methods of distributing
beef and beef products to the consumer;
(4) To develop methods of improving the quality of
beef and beef products for the consumer benefit;
(5) To inform and educate the public of the nutritive
and economic values of beef and beef products;
(6) To function in a liaison capacity within the beef
and other food industries of the State and elsewhere in matters that would increase efficiencies which ultimately benefit both consumer and industry.
(Source: P.A. 99-389, eff. 8-18-15.)