(430 ILCS 55/7)
(from Ch. 127 1/2, par. 1007)
(a) An administrative panel,
consisting of 7 members, shall be formed by the State Fire Marshal.
Members shall serve without compensation but shall be reimbursed from the
Fund for their reasonable expenses incurred in the performance of their
duties under this Act. The
State Fire Marshal or his designee shall serve as chairman of the panel for
an indeterminate term of years. The chairman shall appoint 6 members to the
panel who shall serve for a term of not more than 2 years. The appointed
members shall consist of:
(1) Two members who are representatives from emergency response agencies;
(2) Three members who are representatives from industry, including but
not limited to, the areas of industry such as manufacturing, transportation
and bulk storage terminal facilities dealing in hazardous materials; and
(3) One member not affiliated or associated with emergency response
agencies or industry.
(b) The panel shall meet at quarterly intervals each year. The
chairman, at his discretion, may schedule additional meetings to meet the
needs of the panel.
(c) The panel shall be responsible for:
(1) Reviewing claims made against the Fund and determining reasonable
and necessary expenses to be reimbursed to an emergency response agency; and
(2) Affirming that the emergency response agency has made a reasonable
effort to recover expended costs from the involved parties.
(d) Final decisions of the panel may be reviewed in accordance with
the Administrative Review Law, as now or hereafter amended.
(Source: P.A. 86-972.)