(410 ILCS 535/7)
(from Ch. 111 1/2, par. 73-7)
The State Registrar of Vital Records shall appoint and may remove
for just cause local registrars. Persons eligible to serve as local
(1) In cities, villages, and incorporated towns, the clerk of the city,
village, or incorporated town.
(2) The township clerk in each township in counties under township
organization, excepting those portions of the township constituting a
separate registration district.
(3) The road district clerk in each road district in counties not under
township organization, excepting those portions of the road district
constituting a separate registration district.
(4) The health officer of any public health department defined as a full
time public health department under the rules and regulations of the
(5) If none of the preceding officers is available
to act as a local registrar, any full time public officer of
county or local government in the district or a hospital
administrator of any licensed hospital in the district which
is not located within a home rule county.
(Source: P.A. 79-888.)