(410 ILCS 45/9.4)
Owner's obligation to post notice.
The owner of a dwelling unit or residential building who has received a mitigation notice under Section 9 of this Act shall post notices in common areas of the building specifying the identified lead hazards. The posted notices, drafted by the Department and sent to the property owner with the notification of lead hazards, shall indicate the following:
(1) that a unit or units in the building have been
found to have lead hazards;
(2) that other units in the building may have lead
(3) that the Department recommends that children 6
years of age or younger receive a blood lead screening;
(4) where to seek further information; and
(5) whether mitigation notices have been issued for 2
or more dwelling units within a 5-year period of time.
Once the owner has complied with a mitigation notice or mitigation order issued by the Department, the owner may remove the notices posted pursuant to this Section.
(Source: P.A. 94-879, eff. 6-20-06.)