(320 ILCS 65/10)
It is the intent of the General Assembly to
establish a multi-faceted family caregiver support program to assist unpaid
family caregivers and grandparents or other older individuals who are relative
caregivers, who are informal providers of in-home and community care to
older individuals or children.
Services provided under this program shall do the following:
(1) Provide information, relief, and support to
family and other unpaid caregivers of older individuals and children.
(2) Encourage family members to provide care for
their family members who are older individuals and children.
(3) Provide temporary substitute support services or
living arrangements to allow a period of relief or rest for caregivers.
(4) Be provided in the least restrictive setting
available consistent with the individually assessed needs of older individuals and children.
(5) Include services appropriate to the needs of
family members caring for older individuals and children, including older individuals with dementia.
(6) Provide family caregivers with services that
enable them to make informed decisions about current and future care plans, solve day-to-day caregiving problems, learn essential care giving skills, and locate services that may strengthen their capacity to provide care.
(Source: P.A. 93-864, eff. 8-5-04.)