(315 ILCS 20/7)
(from Ch. 67 1/2, par. 257)
Statement of incorporation.
Whenever three or more adult persons, citizens of the United States of
America, at least two of whom shall be citizens of this State, shall desire
to form a corporation under this Act, they shall sign, acknowledge and
verify under oath before some officer competent to take acknowledgment of
deeds, a statement of incorporation in duplicate setting forth the
(1) The name of the corporation.
(2) The name and address, including street and number, if any, of each
(3) A statement of the objects for which it is formed, among which shall
be included the elimination of degenerative conditions and the
rehabilitation and rebuilding of that Development Area whose Redevelopment
it is authorized to undertake pursuant to a certificate of convenience and
necessity issued by the Redevelopment Commission.
(4) The period of duration, which shall not be more than sixty years,
and which shall be without reviver.
(5) The address, including street and number, if any, of its initial
registered office in this State, and the name of its initial registered
agent at such address.
(6) The total amount of authorized capital stock.
(7) The number of shares into which the capital stock is to be divided,
and the par value thereof; if the shares are to be divided into classes of
common and preferred shares, the number of shares of each class and a
statement of the preferences, qualifications, limitations, restrictions,
and the special or relative rights in respect of the shares of each class;
Provided, that no shares shall be without par value.
(8) The names and addresses (including street and number, if any) of the
pre-incorporation subscribers to the common shares, and the amount
subscribed and paid by each; Provided, that no pre-incorporation
subscription shall be made for preferred shares.
(9) The number of common shares which it is proposed to issue at once,
and the amount of currency or legal tender to be received by the
corporation therefor; Provided, that no consideration other than currency
or legal tender of the United States of America shall be received by the
corporation for those common shares which it is proposed to issue at once,
and that such consideration shall be fully paid at the time of the filing
of the articles of incorporation by the Secretary of State.
(10) The number, names, and addresses, including street and number, if
any, of the directors, at least two of whom shall be residents of this
State, and the terms for which elected.
(11) Any provision which the incorporators may choose to insert limiting
or denying to shareholders the preemptive right to acquire additional
shares of the corporation.
(12) Any other provision, not inconsistent with this Act or other law
which the incorporators may choose to insert, for the regulation of the
business and conduct of the affairs of the corporation.
(Source: Laws 1941, vol. 1, p. 431.)