(305 ILCS 42/25)
Grants to community organizations.
The Secretary shall make
grants from moneys appropriated for that purpose to community-based
organizations or consortia of community-based organizations in high-risk
areas for outreach activities. The outreach activities shall include but
shall not be limited to the following:
(1) Identifying barriers to participation in food
assistance programs, including the unavailability of such programs.
(2) Identifying at-risk populations and individuals
within the at-risk populations who are not participating.
(3) Disseminating information to and conducting
training sessions for local groups.
(4) Disseminating information as to program
availability, individual or household eligibility, and application procedures.
(5) Providing nutrition education for at-risk
(6) Assisting families and individuals in meeting
(Source: P.A. 93-555, eff. 1-1-04.)