(305 ILCS 5/5-5g)
Long-term care patient; resident status.
Long-term care providers shall submit all changes in resident status, including, but not limited to, death, discharge, changes in patient credit, third party liability, and Medicare coverage, to the Department through the Medical Electronic Data Interchange System, the Recipient Eligibility Verification System, or the Electronic Data Interchange System established under 89 Ill. Adm. Code 140.55(b) in compliance with the schedule below:
(1) 15 calendar days after a resident's death;
(2) 15 calendar days after a resident's discharge;
(3) 45 calendar days after being informed of a change
in the resident's income;
(4) 45 calendar days after being informed of a change
in a resident's third party liability;
(5) 45 calendar days after a resident's move to
exceptional care services; and
(6) 45 calendar days after a resident's need for
services requiring reimbursement under the ventilator or traumatic brain injury enhanced rate.
(Source: P.A. 100-665, eff. 8-2-18.)