(225 ILCS 440/3.20)
Municipal network sign.
"Municipal network sign" means an official sign or a sign that:
(1) is located on property owned or controlled by a
local government that has a population of 2,000,000 or more and that has adopted zoning regulations consistent with this Act;
(2) is controlled under the direction of the local
(3) complies with zoning regulations consistent with
(4) is placed within a business area as defined in
Section 3.12 of this Act;
(5) is used to communicate emergency, public, and
commercial information; and
(6) is consistent with the intent of this Act and
with customary use of the local government as to the sign's installation and operation, including the size, lighting, and spacing of signs.
(Source: P.A. 98-56, eff. 7-5-13.)