(225 ILCS 415/4)
(from Ch. 111, par. 6204)
(Section scheduled to be repealed on January 1, 2024)
In this Act:
(1) "Department" means the Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
(2) "Secretary" means the Secretary of Financial and Professional Regulation.
(3) "Board" means the Certified Shorthand Reporters Board appointed by the
(4) "The practice of shorthand reporting" means reporting, by the use
of any system of manual or mechanical shorthand writing, of Grand Jury
proceedings, court proceedings, court related proceedings, pretrial
examinations, depositions, motions and related proceedings of like
character, or proceedings of an administrative agency when the final
decision of the agency with reference thereto is likely to be subject
to judicial review under the provisions of the Administrative Review Law.
(5) "Shorthand reporter" means a person who is technically qualified and
certified under this Act to practice shorthand reporting.
(6) "Stenographic notes" means the original notes by manual or mechanical
shorthand or shorthand writing taken by a shorthand reporter of a proceeding
while in attendance at such proceeding for the purpose of reporting the same.
(7) "Address of record" means the designated address recorded by the Department in the applicant's or licensee's application file or license file as maintained by the Department's licensure maintenance unit. It is the duty of the applicant or licensee to inform the Department of any change of address and those changes must be made either through the Department's Internet website or by contacting the Department.
(Source: P.A. 98-445, eff. 12-31-13.)