(225 ILCS 320/16)
(from Ch. 111, par. 1115)
(1) Any city, village or incorporated town, having a population of
500,000 or more may, by an ordinance containing provisions substantially
the same as those in this Act and specifying educational or experience
requirements equivalent to those prescribed in this Act, provide for a
board of plumbing examiners to conduct examinations for, and to issue,
suspend, or revoke, plumbers' licenses, within such city, village or
incorporated town. Upon the enactment of such ordinance the provisions of
this act shall not apply within any such municipality except as otherwise
(2) Any person licensed as a plumber pursuant to such ordinance, or
licensed by the Department under this Act, may engage in plumbing anywhere
in this State.
(3) Any board of plumbing examiners created pursuant to this Section
shall maintain a current record similar to that required of the Director by
Section 8 of this Act, and shall provide the Department with a copy
thereof. The Department shall be advised of changes in such record at least
every six months.
(4) In the event that the plumbing contractor's license is suspended or revoked by any city, village, or incorporated town, having a population of 500,000 or more, the city, village, or incorporated town shall notify the Department.
(5) Any city, village, or incorporated town having a population of
500,000 or more that licenses an individual as a plumber shall provide a license composed of a solid plastic card that includes a photo of the licensed plumber printed directly on the card. An applicant who is 21 years of age or older seeking a religious exemption to the photo requirement of this subsection shall furnish with his or her application an approved copy of United States Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Form 4029. Regardless of age, an applicant seeking a religious exemption to this photo requirement shall submit fingerprints in a form and manner prescribed by the city, village, or incorporated town with his or her application in lieu of a photo.
(Source: P.A. 97-365, eff. 1-1-12; 97-1137, eff. 6-1-13; 98-848, eff. 1-1-15