(225 ILCS 140/4)
Regulation of services during emergency.
(a) While a disaster proclamation under the Illinois Emergency Management Agency Act is in effect, the Illinois Emergency Management Agency may limit, restrict, or otherwise
(1) the duration of practice by volunteer health
(2) the geographical areas in which volunteer health
practitioners may practice;
(3) the types of volunteer health practitioners who
(4) any other matters necessary to coordinate
effectively the provision of health or veterinary services during the emergency.
(b) An order issued pursuant to subsection (a) may take effect immediately, without prior notice or comment, and is not a rule within the meaning of the Illinois Administrative Procedure Act.
(c) A host entity or disaster relief organization that uses volunteer health practitioners to provide health or veterinary services in this State shall:
(1) consult and coordinate its activities with the
Illinois Emergency Management Agency to the extent practicable to provide for the efficient and effective use of volunteer health practitioners; and
(2) comply with any laws relating to the management
of emergency health or veterinary services.
(Source: P.A. 96-983, eff. 1-1-11.)