(225 ILCS 65/55-30)
(Section scheduled to be repealed on January 1, 2018)
LPN scope of practice.
(a) Practice as a licensed practical nurse means a scope of basic nursing practice, with or without compensation, as delegated by a registered professional nurse or an advanced practice nurse or as directed by a physician assistant, physician, dentist, or podiatric physician, and includes, but is not limited to, all of the following:
(1) Collecting data and collaborating in the
assessment of the health status of a patient.
(2) Collaborating in the development and
modification of the registered professional nurse's or advanced practice nurse's comprehensive nursing plan of care for all types of patients.
(3) Implementing aspects of the plan of care as
(4) Participating in health teaching and counseling
to promote, attain, and maintain the optimum health level of patients, as delegated.
(5) Serving as an advocate for the patient by
communicating and collaborating with other health service personnel, as delegated.
(6) Participating in the evaluation of patient
responses to interventions.
(7) Communicating and collaborating with other
health care professionals as delegated.
(8) Providing input into the development of policies
and procedures to support patient safety.
(Source: P.A. 98-214, eff. 8-9-13.)