(225 ILCS 65/55-30)
(Section scheduled to be repealed on January 1, 2028)
LPN scope of practice.
(a) Practice as a licensed practical nurse means a scope of nursing practice, with or without compensation, under the guidance of a registered professional nurse or an advanced practice registered nurse, or as directed by a physician assistant, physician, dentist, podiatric physician, or other health care professionals as determined by the Department, and includes, but is not limited to, all of the following:
(1) Conducting a focused nursing assessment and
contributing to the ongoing comprehensive nursing assessment of the patient performed by the registered professional nurse.
(2) Collaborating in the development and
modification of the registered professional nurse's or advanced practice registered nurse's comprehensive nursing plan of care for all types of patients.
(3) Implementing aspects of the plan of care.
(4) Participating in health teaching and counseling
to promote, attain, and maintain the optimum health level of patients.
(5) Serving as an advocate for the patient by
communicating and collaborating with other health service personnel.
(6) Participating in the evaluation of patient
responses to interventions.
(7) Communicating and collaborating with other
health care professionals.
(8) Providing input into the development of policies
and procedures to support patient safety.
(Source: P.A. 100-513, eff. 1-1-18