(225 ILCS 41/1-30)
(Section scheduled to be repealed on January 1, 2023)
Powers of the Department.
Subject to the provisions of this Code, the Department may exercise the following powers:
(1) To authorize examinations to ascertain the
qualifications and fitness of applicants for licensing as a licensed funeral director and embalmer and pass upon the qualifications of applicants for licensure.
(2) To examine the records of a licensed funeral
director or licensed funeral director and embalmer from any year or any other aspect of funeral directing and embalming as the Department deems appropriate.
(3) To investigate any and all funeral directing and
(4) To conduct hearings on proceedings to refuse to
issue or renew licenses or to revoke, suspend, place on probation, reprimand, or otherwise discipline a license under this Code or take other non-disciplinary action.
(5) To adopt all necessary and reasonable rules and
regulations for the effective administration of this Code.
(6) To prescribe forms to be issued for the
administration and enforcement of this Code.
(7) To maintain rosters of the names and addresses of
all licensees and all persons whose licenses have been suspended, revoked, denied renewal, or otherwise disciplined within the previous calendar year. These rosters shall be available upon written request and payment of the required fee as established by rule.
(8) To contract with third parties for services
necessary for the proper administration of this Code including, without limitation, investigators with the proper knowledge, training, and skills to properly inspect funeral homes and investigate complaints under this Code.
(Source: P.A. 96-1463, eff. 1-1-11; 97-1130, eff. 8-28-12