(215 ILCS 138/10)
As used in this Act, the following terms have the
meanings given in this Section.
"Department" means the Department of Insurance.
"Director" means the Director of Insurance.
"Health benefit plan" means an accident and health insurance policy or
subject to the Illinois Insurance Code, a voluntary health services plan
subject to the
Voluntary Health Services Plans Act, a health maintenance organization
contract subject to the Health Maintenance Organization Act, a plan provided by
multiple employer welfare arrangement, or a plan provided by another benefit
Without limitation, "health benefit plan" does not
mean any of
the following types of insurance:
(3) disability income;
(4) long-term or nursing home care;
(5) specified disease;
(6) dental or vision;
(7) coverage issued as a supplement to liability
(8) medical payments under automobile or homeowners;
(9) insurance under which benefits are payable with
or without regard to fault as statutorily required to be contained in any liability policy or equivalent self-insurance;
(10) hospital income or indemnity;
(11) self-insured health benefit plans under the
federal Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974.
(Source: P.A. 91-777, eff. 1-1-01.)