(215 ILCS 100/40)
(from Ch. 73, par. 1640)
An intermediary manager shall not:
(1) Cede retrocessions on behalf of the reinsurer,
except that it may cede facultative retrocessions pursuant to obligatory facultative agreements if the contract with the reinsurer contains reinsurance underwriting guidelines for those retrocessions. The guidelines shall include a list of reinsurers with which automatic agreements are in effect, and for each reinsurer, the coverages and amounts or percentages that may be reinsured and commission schedules.
(2) Commit the reinsurer to participate in
(3) Appoint any producer without assuring that the
producer is lawfully licensed to transact the type of reinsurance for which he is appointed.
(4) Without prior approval of the reinsurer, pay or
commit the reinsurer to pay a claim, net of retrocessions, that exceeds the lesser of an amount specified by the reinsurer or 1% of the reinsurer's policyholder's surplus as of December 31 of the last complete calendar year.
(5) Collect any payment from a retrocessionaire or
commit the reinsurer to any claim settlement with a retrocessionaire without prior approval of the reinsurer. If prior approval is given, a report must be promptly forwarded to the reinsurer.
(6) Jointly employ an individual who is employed by
the reinsurer unless the intermediary manager is under common control with the reinsurer subject to Article VIII 1/2 of the Illinois Insurance Code.
(7) Appoint an intermediary sub-manager.
(Source: P.A. 87-108.)