(215 ILCS 5/1525)
(a) Before issuing a public adjuster license to an applicant under this Section, the Director shall find that the applicant:
(1) is eligible to designate this State as his or her
home state or is a nonresident who is not eligible for a license under Section 1540;
(2) is sufficiently rehabilitated in cases in which
the applicant has committed any act that is a ground for denial, suspension, or revocation of a license as set forth in Section 1555, other than convictions set forth in paragraph (6) of subsection (a) of Section 1555; with respect to applicants with convictions set forth in paragraph (6) of subsection (a) of Section 1555, the Director shall determine in accordance with Section 1550 that the conviction will not impair the ability of the applicant to engage in the position for which a license is sought;
(3) is trustworthy, reliable, competent, and of good
reputation, evidence of which may be determined by the Director;
(4) is financially responsible to exercise the
license and has provided proof of financial responsibility as required in Section 1560 of this Article; and
(5) maintains an office in the home state of
residence with public access by reasonable appointment or regular business hours. This includes a designated office within a home state of residence.
(b) In addition to satisfying the requirements of subsection (a) of this Section, an individual shall:
(1) be at least 18 years of age;
(2) have successfully passed the public adjuster
(3) designate a licensed individual public adjuster
responsible for the business entity's compliance with the insurance laws, rules, and regulations of this State; and
(4) designate only licensed individual public
adjusters to exercise the business entity's license.
(c) The Director may require any documents reasonably necessary to verify the information contained in the application.
(Source: P.A. 100-286, eff. 1-1-18