(215 ILCS 5/107a.07)
Standards for issuing and maintaining pool certificates of
(a) The Department shall consider
the following in
evaluating the financial strength of the pool:
(1) The number of employees covered by the pool.
(2) The particular industries in which the
participants are engaged.
(3) The combined net worth of pool participants.
(4) Any excess insurance purchased from authorized
(5) The gross annual payroll of members, which must
be at least $10,000,000 for active pools not in runoff.
(b) The pool administrator must either contract with a licensed service
company or have
sufficient resources, such as those set forth in item (3) of subsection (b) of
Section 107a.06, to
administer the proposed pool.
(c) The Department must determine whether the pool can ensure that
members are in compliance with Section 107a.08.
(Source: P.A. 96-965, eff. 7-2-10.)