(210 ILCS 85/14.5)
Hospital Licensure Fund.
(a) There is created in the State treasury the Hospital Licensure Fund. The Fund is created for the purpose of providing funding for the administration of the licensure program and patient safety and quality initiatives for hospitals, including, without limitation, the implementation of the Illinois Adverse Health Care Events Reporting Law of 2005.
(b) The Fund shall consist of the following:
(1) fees collected pursuant to Section 5 of the
(2) federal matching funds received by the State as a
result of expenditures made by the Department that are attributable to moneys deposited in the Fund;
(3) interest earned on moneys deposited in the Fund;
(4) other moneys received for the Fund from any other
source, including interest earned thereon.
(c) Disbursements from the Fund shall be made only for:
(1) initially, the implementation of the Illinois
Adverse Health Care Events Reporting Law of 2005;
(2) subsequently, programs, information, or
assistance, including measures to address public complaints, designed to measurably improve quality and patient safety; and
(3) the reimbursement of moneys collected by the
Department through error or mistake.
(d) The uses described in paragraph (2) of subsection (c) shall be developed in conjunction with a statewide organization representing a majority of hospitals.
(Source: P.A. 98-683, eff. 6-30-14.)