(210 ILCS 45/3-304.1)
Public computer access to information.
(a) The Department must make information regarding nursing homes in the
available to the public in electronic form on the World Wide Web, including all
(1) who regulates nursing homes;
(2) information in the possession of the Department
that is listed in Sections 3-210 and 3-304;
(3) deficiencies and plans of correction;
(4) enforcement remedies;
(5) penalty letters;
(6) designation of penalty monies;
(7) the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services'
Health Care Financing Administration special projects or federally required inspections;
(8) advisory standards;
(9) deficiency-free surveys;
(10) enforcement actions and enforcement summaries;
(11) distressed facilities;
(12) the report submitted under Section 3-518;
(13) a link to the most recent facility cost report
filed with the Department of Healthcare and Family Services;
(14) a link to the most recent Consumer Choice
Information Report filed with the Department on Aging;
(15) whether the facility is part of a chain; the
facility shall be deemed part of a chain if it meets criteria established by the United States Department of Health and Human Services that identify it as owned by a chain organization;
(16) whether the facility is a for-profit or
not-for-profit facility; and
(17) whether the facility is or is part of a
continuing care retirement community.
(b) No fee or other charge may be imposed by the Department as a condition
of accessing the information.
(c) The electronic public access provided through the World Wide Web shall
in addition to any other electronic or print distribution of the information.
(d) The information shall be made available as provided in this Section in
shortest practicable time after it is publicly available in any other form.
(Source: P.A. 98-85, eff. 7-15-13; 98-505, eff. 1-1-14; 98-756, eff. 7-16-14.)