(210 ILCS 35/5)
(from Ch. 111 1/2, par. 4185)
The Department shall promulgate rules
and regulations establishing minimum standards for licensing of Community
Living Facilities. These rules shall regulate:
(1) The location of Community Living Facilities. These provisions shall
insure that the Community Living Facilities are in appropriate neighborhoods
and shall prohibit concentration of these housing programs in communities.
(2) The operation and conduct of Community Living Facilities.
(3) The general financial ability, competence, character and qualifications
of the applicant to provide appropriate care and comply with this Act.
(4) The appropriateness, safety, cleanliness and general adequacy of the
premises, including maintenance of adequate fire protection and health standards,
conforming to State laws and municipal codes, to provide for the physical
comfort, well-being, care and protection of the residents.
(5) The number, character, training and qualifications of personnel directly
responsible for the residents.
(6) Provisions for food, clothing, educational opportunities, social activities,
home furnishings and personal property to insure the healthy physical, emotional
and mental development of residents.
(7) Implementation of habilitation plans for each resident.
(8) Provisions for residents to receive appropriate programming and support
services commensurate with their individual needs, and to participate in
decisions regarding their use of programs and support services.
Such services should include educational opportunities, vocational training
and other day activities aimed at promoting independence and improving basic
(9) Provisions and criteria for admission, discharge and transfers at
Community Living Facilities.
(10) Provisions specifying the role and responsibilities of residents
for upkeep of their rooms and the overall maintenance and care of the Community
Living Facilities. These provisions shall allow the residents to participate
in normal, daily activities
associated with community living.
(11) Provisions to insure that residents are notified of their legal rights,
as defined in the rules promulgated pursuant to subsection (12) of this
Section and to assist them in exercising these rights. Upon admission to
a Community Living Facility, residents shall be provided a copy of their
rights and related
rules, regulations and policies, and the name, address and telephone number
of the Guardianship and Advocacy Commission.
(12) Resident rights, which shall include, but need not be limited to,
those guaranteed by the "Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities Code", as
(13) Maintenance of records pertaining to the admission, habilitation,
and discharge of residents, and to the general operation of Community Living
(Source: P.A. 82-567.)