(210 ILCS 28/15)
Residential health care facility resident sexual assault and
death review teams;
(a) The Director, in consultation with the Executive Council and with law
and other professionals who work in the field of investigating, treating, or
preventing nursing home resident abuse or neglect in the State, shall
appoint members to two residential health care facility resident sexual assault
and death review
teams. The Director shall appoint more teams if the Director or the existing teams determine that more teams are necessary to achieve the purposes of this Act. An Executive Council shall be organized no later than when at least 4 teams are formed. The members of a
team shall be appointed for 2-year staggered terms and shall be eligible for
upon the expiration of their terms.
(b) Each review team shall
consist of at least one member from each of the following categories:
(1) Geriatrician or other physician knowledgeable
about nursing home resident abuse and neglect.
(2) Representative of the Department.
(3) State's Attorney or State's Attorney's
(4) Representative of a local law enforcement agency.
(5) Representative of the Illinois Attorney General.
(6) Psychologist or psychiatrist.
(7) Representative of a local health department.
(8) Representative of a social service or health care
agency that provides services to persons with mental illness, in a program whose accreditation to provide such services is recognized by the Office of Mental Health within the Department of Human Services.
(9) Representative of a social service or health care
agency that provides services to persons with developmental disabilities, in a program whose accreditation to provide such services is recognized by the Office of Developmental Disabilities within the Department of Human Services.
(10) Coroner or forensic pathologist.
(11) Representative of the local sub-state ombudsman.
(12) Representative of a nursing home resident
(13) Representative of a local hospital, trauma
center, or provider of emergency medical services.
(14) Representative of an organization that
represents nursing homes.
Each review team may make recommendations to the Director concerning
Each review team member must have demonstrated experience and an
interest in investigating, treating, or preventing nursing home resident abuse
(c) Each review team shall
select a chairperson from among its members. The chairperson shall also serve
on the Illinois Residential Health Care Facility Sexual Assault and Death
Review Teams Executive
(Source: P.A. 93-577, eff. 8-21-03; 94-931, eff. 6-26-06.)