(205 ILCS 685/7)
(from Ch. 17, par. 7357)
(a) No person shall for the purpose of evading the recording
or reporting requirements of Sections 4 and 5 of this Act:
(1) Cause or attempt to cause a financial institution
to fail to file a report or make a record required under this Act; or
(2) Cause or attempt to cause a financial institution
to fail to file a report or make a record required under this Act that contains a material omission or misstatement of fact; or
(3) Structure, assist in structuring, or attempt to
structure or assist in structuring any transaction with one or more financial institutions.
(b) A person structures a transaction if he is:
(1) acting alone, or in conjunction with or on behalf
(2) conducts, attempts to conduct, or assists in
(3) one or more transactions in currency, cashier's
checks, money orders or traveler's checks;
(4) in any amount;
(5) at one or more financial institutions;
(6) on one or more days;
(7) in any manner;
(8) for the purpose of evading the reporting
requirements of this Act.
(c) Structuring a transaction is a Class 2 felony.
(Source: P.A. 87-619.)