(205 ILCS 657/25)
Application for license.
(a) An application for a license must
in writing, under oath, and in the form the Director prescribes. The
application must contain or be accompanied by all of the following:
(1) The name of the applicant and the address of the
principal place of business of the applicant and the address of all locations and proposed locations of the applicant in this State.
(2) The form of business organization of the
(A) a copy of its articles of incorporation and
amendments thereto and a copy of its bylaws, certified by its secretary, if the applicant is a corporation;
(B) a copy of its partnership agreement,
certified by a partner, if the applicant is a partnership; or
(C) a copy of the documents that control its
organizational structure, certified by a managing official, if the applicant is organized in some other form.
(3) The name, business and home address, and a
chronological summary of the business experience, material litigation history, and felony convictions over the preceding 10 years of:
(A) the proprietor, if the applicant is an
(B) every partner, if the applicant is a
(C) each officer, director, and controlling
person, if the applicant is a corporation; and
(D) each person in a position to exercise control
over, or direction of, the business of the applicant, regardless of the form of organization of the applicant.
(4) Financial statements, not more than one year old,
prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and audited by a licensed public accountant or certified public accountant showing the financial condition of the applicant and an unaudited balance sheet and statement of operation as of the most recent quarterly report before the date of the application, certified by the applicant or an officer or partner thereof. If the applicant is a wholly owned subsidiary or is eligible to file consolidated federal income tax returns with its parent, however, unaudited financial statements for the preceding year along with the unaudited financial statements for the most recent quarter may be submitted if accompanied by the audited financial statements of the parent company for the preceding year along with the unaudited financial statement for the most recent quarter.
(5) Filings of the applicant with the Securities and
Exchange Commission or similar foreign governmental entity (English translation), if any.
(6) A list of all other states in which the applicant
is licensed as a money transmitter and whether the license of the applicant for those purposes has ever been withdrawn, refused, canceled, or suspended in any other state, with full details.
(7) A list of all money transmitter locations and
proposed locations in this State.
(8) A sample of the contract for authorized sellers.
(9) A sample form of the proposed payment instruments
to be used in this State.
(10) The name and business address of the clearing
banks through which the applicant intends to conduct any business regulated under this Act.
(11) A surety bond as required by Section 30 of this
(12) The applicable fees as required by Section 45 of
(13) A written consent to service of process as
provided by Section 100 of this Act.
(14) A written statement that the applicant is in
full compliance with and agrees to continue to fully comply with all state and federal statutes and regulations relating to money laundering.
(15) All additional information the Director
considers necessary in order to determine whether or not to issue the applicant a license under this Act.
(b) The Director may, for good cause shown, waive, in part, any
of the requirements of this Section.
(Source: P.A. 92-400, eff. 1-1-02.)