(205 ILCS 635/2-7)
(from Ch. 17, par. 2322-7)
Waiver of licensing fee.
The Commissioner may waive the
licensing fee upon receipt of:
(a) an application for a residential mortgage license in Illinois,
(b) an addendum requesting waiver of the fee stating
the grounds in support of such waiver, including but not limited to, not
for profit status, bankruptcy or the showing of undue hardship, and
(c) in case of an out-of-state servicer of loans in Illinois,
the following documentation is required:
(1) A verification that the firm services only 100 or
fewer loans secured by residential real estate situated in Illinois;
(2) An agreement not to originate, purchase or
acquire additional servicing of loans secured by residential real estate situated in Illinois;
(3) An agreement to maintain a dedicated toll free
(800) number for exclusive use by the licensee's Illinois customers;
(4) An agreement to provide a written notice at least
annually to the licensee's Illinois customers advising them of the dedicated toll free (800) number; and to furnish the Commissioner with a copy of such written notice.
A request for waiver of the filing fee must be submitted each
year in conjunction with the license renewal procedure.
(Source: P.A. 90-301, eff. 8-1-97.)