(105 ILCS 5/28A-15)
Powers of State education purchasing entity.
The State education purchasing entity shall have all of the following powers:
(1) To select vendors and form contracts in
accordance with the State's purchasing laws.
(2) To designate a contract as a statewide education
master contract for purposes of subsection (c) of Section 10-20.21 of this Code.
(3) To certify an education purchasing contract,
provided that the contract was entered into according to procedures and conditions that conform to applicable State purchasing laws, for purposes of subsection (d) of Section 10-20.21 of this Code.
(4) To facilitate the inter-district sale or
transfer of excess inventory or equipment.
(5) To select and subsidize e-procurement tools to
be implemented within school districts.
(Source: P.A. 93-1036, eff. 9-14-04.)