(105 ILCS 5/1A-2.1)
(from Ch. 122, par. 1A-2.1)
The Governor may remove for incompetence, neglect of duty, or malfeasance in office any member of the State Board of Education. A vacancy also exists on the State Board of
Education when one or more of the following events occur:
1. A member dies.
2. A member files a written resignation with the Governor.
3. A member is adjudicated to be a person under legal disability under
the Probate Act of 1975 or
a person subject to involuntary admission
under the Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities Code.
4. A member ceases to be a resident of the region from
which he or she was appointed.
5. A member is convicted of an infamous crime or of any offense
involving a violation of his or her duties under this Code.
6. A member fails to maintain the qualifications stated in Section
1A-2 of this Code.
(Source: P.A. 93-1036, eff. 9-14-04.)