(70 ILCS 2905/4-2)
(from Ch. 42, par. 504-2)
The Executive Director shall be the chief executive and
administrative officer of the district and shall be responsible to the
board for the proper administration of all affairs of the district,
including but not limited to, the board's compliance
with subsection (b) of Section 3-3, and to that end he shall:
(1) Appoint and, when necessary for the good of the service, remove all
officers and employees of the district, except as otherwise provided in
this Act, and except as he may authorize the head of a department or office
to appoint subordinates in such department or office.
(2) Prepare the budget annually and submit it to the Board and be
responsible for its administration after adoption.
(3) Prepare and submit to the board and the Department of Natural
Resources, as of the end of the fiscal year, a
complete report of the finances and administrative activities of the
district and all subdistricts for the year, and submit any interim reports
that the Department of Natural Resources requests.
(4) Keep the board advised of the financial condition of the district
and all subdistricts and make recommendations concerning their future
(5) Attend all meetings of the board and, in so far as possible, its
(6) Enforce all district ordinances and see that all contracts are
(7) Advise, assist, and cooperate in fostering the interest of
institutions of learning and civic, professional, and employee
organizations in the improvement of personnel standards and conditions in
(8) Perform such other duties as may be prescribed by this Act or
required of him by the board, not inconsistent with this Act.
(Source: P.A. 91-357, eff. 7-29-99.)