(70 ILCS 2805/63) (from Ch. 42, par. 447.27)
    Sec. 63. Modification by court or abandonment of proposed improvements. The court before which any such proceedings may be pending may modify, alter, change, annul or confirm any assessment returned as specified in addition to the authority already conferred upon it and may take all such proceedings and make all such orders as may be necessary to the improvement according to the principles of this Act and may from time to time continue the application for that purpose as to the whole or any part of the premises.
    After an ordinance for any local improvement has been filed in court and before or after the court has entered its final judgment thereupon, but before any contract for the work has been entered into, the board may abandon all or any portion of the proposed improvement by filing with the court a petition supported by an ordinance adopted by the board, which need not be preceded by any action or resolution of the committee. Upon the filing of such petition the court shall order the adjustment of the assessment roll according to the changes requested in the petition.
(Source: P.A. 85-1137.)