(70 ILCS 2405/16.9) (from Ch. 42, par. 315.9)
    Sec. 16.9. The trustees of the sanitary district may acquire, by purchase or contract with an individual, corporation or municipality, a waterworks sufficient for the needs of the inhabitants of the district. In the event that the trustees are unable to agree with any person, corporation or municipality upon the terms under which it may acquire such a waterworks under this Act, then the right to obtain such waterworks may be acquired by condemnation in a circuit court by proceedings in the manner as near as may be as is provided for the exercise of the right of eminent domain under the Eminent Domain Act. The compensation or rates to be paid for such waterworks and the manner of payment shall be determined by the judgment of the court wherein such proceedings take place.
(Source: P.A. 94-1055, eff. 1-1-07.)