(70 ILCS 1935/50)
Board; composition; qualification; compensation and expenses.
The Authority shall be governed by a 9-member board consisting of members appointed by the Governor with the advice and consent of the Senate. Five members shall be voting members and 4 members shall be non-voting members. The voting members shall consist of the following:
(1) two former public officials who served within the
Township of Leyden or the Village of Elmwood Park and are recommended to the Governor by the Village President of the Village of Elmwood Park;
(2) two prior employees of Canadian Pacific Railway
with management experience; and
(3) one resident of the Township of Leyden or the
The non-voting members shall consist of the following:
(1) the Village President of the Village of Elmwood
(2) one current employee of Canadian Pacific Railway
with management experience;
(3) one current employee of Northeast Illinois
Regional Commuter Railroad Corporation with management experience; and
(4) one current employee of the Department of
Transportation with management experience.
The members of the board shall serve without compensation, but may be reimbursed for actual expenses incurred by them in the performance of their duties prescribed by the Authority. However, any member of the board who serves as secretary or treasurer may receive compensation for services as that officer.
(Source: P.A. 98-564, eff. 8-27-13; 98-756, eff. 7-16-14.)