(70 ILCS 1210/18) (from Ch. 24 1/2, par. 97)
    Sec. 18. A sufficient sum of money shall be appropriated each year by the park commissioners to carry out the provisions of this act; and park commissioners shall allow to said board such clerical help and such sums to operate and maintain said office as shall be necessary and the compensation of such clerical help and such sums allowed shall be paid by the park district as other park district charges. If the park commissioners shall have already made the annual appropriations for park district purposes for the current fiscal year, the park commissioners are authorized and required to pay the salaries and expenses of the Civil Service Board for such fiscal year out of the moneys appropriated for contingent purposes by said park commissioners.
(Source: Laws 1911, p. 211.)