(50 ILCS 720/4)
(from Ch. 85, par. 564)
State Funding-Minimum Criteria.
A Mobile Team In-Service Training
Unit which meets the minimum criteria established in this Section is eligible
to receive State funds to help defray the costs of operation. To be eligible
a Mobile Team must:
(1) Be established and operating pursuant to the Intergovernmental
Section Article VII, Section 10, of the Illinois Constitution of 1970 and
must involve two or more units of local government including at least one
county and the Board.
(2) Establish an Advisory Board composed of elected local officials and
chief law enforcement officers from participating units of local government and
the Director, Chairman or appointed member of the Board to
oversee the operations of the Mobile Team and make such reports to the Board
as the Board may require.
(3) Designate an elected local official to act as the financial officer
of the Mobile Team for all participating units of government, and to receive
and expend funds for the operation of the Mobile Team.
(4) Limit its operations to in-service training of law enforcement personnel
employed by the State, by units of local government or by the Federal government or
their agencies and departments in the administration of justice or retired law enforcement officers qualified under federal law to carry a concealed weapon.
(5) Cooperate with the Board in order to assure compliance with this Act
and to enable the Board to fulfill its duties under this Act, and to supply
the Board with such information as the Board deems necessary therefor.
(6) Receive funding of up to 50% of the total approved budget of the Mobile
Team from the participating units of local government.
(Source: P.A. 94-103, eff. 7-1-05.)