(50 ILCS 125/7) (from Ch. 85, par. 477)
    Sec. 7. Any local governmental agency, unless otherwise provided by any law specifically creating or governing any such agency, may provide by ordinance or resolution for the deduction, upon the written request of the employee, from the compensation of such employee for each regular payroll period the amount specified in such authorization for payment to any credit union specified in such authorization. For purposes of this Section, "credit union" means any cooperative society incorporated under "The Illinois Credit Union Act" or any federal credit union licensed by the United States.
    This amendatory Act of 1971 does not apply to any home rule unit.
(Source: P.A. 83-333.)