(50 ILCS 125/4) (from Ch. 85, par. 474)
    Sec. 4. Any local governmental agency, unless otherwise provided in any statute specifically creating or governing any such agency, may provide by ordinance or resolution for the withholding, upon the written request of the employee, of a portion of the employee's compensation for the purchase of United States Savings Bonds.
(Source: Laws 1963, p. 2991.)