(45 ILCS 78/5)
Statement of purpose.
The purposes of this compact are, through joint or cooperative action:
(1) to promote development and implementation of
improvements to intercity passenger rail service in the Midwest;
(2) to coordinate interaction among Midwestern state
elected officials and their designees on passenger rail issues;
(3) to promote development and implementation of
long-range plans for high speed rail passenger service in the Midwest and among other regions of the United States;
(4) to work with the public and private sectors at
the federal, state, and local levels to ensure coordination among the various entities having an interest in passenger rail service and to promote Midwestern interests regarding passenger rail; and
(5) to support efforts of transportation agencies
involved in developing and implementing passenger rail service in the Midwest.
(Source: P.A. 94-1077, eff. 6-1-07