(45 ILCS 77/30)
(from Ch. 114, par. 930)
The council shall do the following:
(1) Meet within 30 days after ratification of this
agreement by at least 2 participating states.
(2) Establish rules for the conduct of the council's
business, including the payment of the reasonable and necessary travel expenses of council members.
(3) Coordinate all aspects of the rail passenger
financial and economic impact study under Section 15 of this Act.
(4) Contract with persons, including institutions of
higher education, for performance of any part of the study under Section 15 of this Act.
(5) Upon approval of the study, determine the
proportionate share that each state will contribute toward the implementation and management of the proposed restoration of the interstate rail passenger system along the western route.
(6) Make recommendations to each participating state
legislature concerning the results of the study required by this Act.
(Source: P.A. 87-888.)