(35 ILCS 750/1-15)
(a) The Department shall establish and maintain a public database known as the State Tax Lien Registry. If any person neglects or refuses to pay any final tax liability, the Department may file in the registry a notice of tax lien within 3 years from the date of the final tax liability.
(b) The notice of tax lien file shall include:
(1) the name and last-known address of the debtor;
(2) the name and address of the Department;
(3) the tax lien number assigned to the lien by the
(4) the basis for the tax lien, including, but not
limited to, the amount owed by the debtor as of the date of filing in the tax lien registry; and
(5) the county or counties where the real property
of the debtor to which the lien will attach is located.
(Source: P.A. 100-22, eff. 1-1-18; 100-722, eff. 8-3-18.)