(35 ILCS 145/2)
(from Ch. 120, par. 481b.32)
As used in this Act, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Hotel" means any building or buildings in which the public may,
for a consideration, obtain living quarters, sleeping or housekeeping
accommodations. The term includes, but is not limited to, inns, motels, tourist homes or courts,
lodging houses, rooming houses and apartment houses, retreat centers, conference centers, and hunting lodges.
(2) "Operator" means any person operating a hotel.
(3) "Occupancy" means the use or possession, or the right to the use
or possession, of any room or rooms in a hotel for any purpose, or the
right to the use or possession of the furnishings or to the services and
accommodations accompanying the use and possession of the room or rooms.
(4) "Room" or "rooms" means any living quarters, sleeping or
(5) "Permanent resident" means any person who occupied or has the
right to occupy any room or rooms, regardless of whether or not it is the
same room or rooms, in a hotel for at least 30 consecutive days.
(6) "Rent" or "rental" means the consideration received for
occupancy, valued in money, whether received in money or otherwise,
including all receipts, cash, credits and property or services of any
kind or nature.
(7) "Department" means the Department of Revenue.
(8) "Person" means any natural individual, firm, partnership,
association, joint stock company, joint adventure, public or private
corporation, limited liability company, or a receiver, executor, trustee,
guardian or other representative appointed by order of any court.
(Source: P.A. 100-213, eff. 8-18-17.)