(30 ILCS 596/10)
As used in this Act:
(a) "Authorized service provider" means a non-governmental entity responsible for providing services on behalf of the State of Illinois under a contract with a State agency.
(b) "Contract" means all types of State agreements for social service delivery, regardless of what they may be called, including grants, fee-for-service, fixed rate, cost-reimbursement, purchase of care, renewals, and amendments. It does not include agreements procured for goods.
(c) "Direct services" means those services that are provided on behalf of Illinois residents by an authorized service provider.
(d) "Reduction of contract" means a decrease in the defined or estimated contract value. This is not inclusive of adjustments made by the State through the generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) reconciliation process, under the Illinois Grant Funds Recovery Act, or on account of the service provider's underutilization of contract value, as determined by the State.
(e) "Social services" or "services" means direct services that are provided by a State agency through a grant awarded to or service agreement or contract with an authorized service provider and that are designed to ensure the health, safety, education, or welfare of Illinois residents.
(f) "State agency" means:
(1) the Department on Aging or its successor agency;
(2) the Department of Children and Family Services or
(3) the Department of Healthcare and Family Services
(4) the Department of Human Services or its successor
(5) the Department of Public Health or its successor
(6) the Department of Corrections or its successor
(7) the Department of Juvenile Justice or its
(8) the Illinois Criminal Justice Information
Authority or its successor agency;
(9) the Illinois State Board of Education or its
(10) the Illinois Community College Board or its
(11) the Illinois Housing Development Authority or
(12) the Department of Employment Security or its
(13) the Department of Veterans' Affairs or its
(14) the Department of Military Affairs or its
(15) the Illinois Emergency Management Agency or its
(16) the Department of Commerce and Economic
Opportunity or its successor agency;
(17) any commission, board, or authority within the
State agencies or successor agencies listed in this Section; or
(18) any State agency, or its successor agency,
designated to enter into contracts with one or more authorized service providers on behalf of a State agency subject to this Act.
(Source: P.A. 100-153, eff. 8-18-17.)