(30 ILCS 570/1)
(from Ch. 48, par. 2201)
For the purposes of this Act, the following words have
the meanings ascribed to them in this Section.
(1) "Illinois laborer" refers to any person who has resided in Illinois
for at least 30 days and intends to become or remain an Illinois resident.
(2) "A period of excessive unemployment" means any month immediately
following 2 consecutive calendar months during which the level of unemployment
in the State of Illinois has exceeded 5% as measured by the United States
Bureau of Labor Statistics in its monthly publication of employment and
(3) "Hazardous waste" has the definition ascribed to it in Section 3.220 of
the Illinois Environmental Protection Act, approved June 29, 1970,
(4) "Interested party" means a person or entity with an interest in compliance with this Act.
(5) "Entity" means any sole proprietor, partnership, firm, corporation, limited liability company, association, or other business enterprise; however, the term "entity" does not include (i) the State of Illinois or its officers, agencies, or political subdivisions or (ii) the federal government.
(6) "Public works" means any fixed work construction or improvement for the State of Illinois or any political subdivision of the State if that fixed work construction or improvement is funded or financed in whole or in part with State funds or funds administered by the State of Illinois.
(Source: P.A. 96-929, eff. 6-16-10.)