(20 ILCS 5095/15)
(Section scheduled to be repealed on December 31, 2018)
Duties of the Language Access to Government Services Task Force.
The duties of the Task Force shall consist of the following:
(1) review existing language access laws or
ordinances in other parts of the country, including existing reports or academic publications on such laws or ordinances;
(2) evaluate their effectiveness in eliminating
language barriers for limited English proficient communities;
(3) consider any other available and relevant
information on language access issues in Illinois, including census data, community feedback, or surveys;
(4) identify and recommend specific best-practices
and provisions for a State language access law; and
(5) produce a final report summarizing the Task
Force's findings and detailing its specific recommendations for a State language access law and highlight any areas of major disagreement within the Task Force.
(Source: P.A. 100-320, eff. 8-24-17.)