(20 ILCS 5080/5)
(Section scheduled to be repealed on January 2, 2019)
Purpose and members.
(a) There is created the Fair Practices in Contracting Task
(1) thoroughly survey African-American-owned business
participation in State procurement;
(2) study African-American-owned subcontractors'
ability to be paid in a timely manner and the communication processes between subcontractors and prime contractors and the State;
(3) research solutions and methods to address the
disparity in procurement awards; and
(4) produce a final report summarizing the Task
Force's findings and detailing recommended statutory or constitutional strategies to recognize best practices.
(b) The Task Force shall consist of the following members:
(1) One member of the House of Representatives,
appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives;
(2) One member of the House of Representatives,
appointed by the Minority Leader of the House of Representatives;
(3) One member of the Senate, appointed by the
(4) One member of the Senate, appointed by the
Minority Leader of the Senate;
(5) Four members appointed by the Governor, 3 of whom
must be from the Department of Central Management Services, the Department of Transportation, or the Department of Healthcare and Family Services, and one of whom must be a member of the Illinois African-American Family Commission; and
(6) Four members of the public, representing
minority-owned businesses, appointed by the Governor.
(c) Members shall serve without compensation.
(Source: P.A. 99-451, eff. 6-1-16; 100-201, eff. 8-18-17.)