(20 ILCS 5060/10)
Duties and responsibilities of the Council.
(a) The Council shall conduct hearings, as necessary, and issue an annual
report to the Governor and the General Assembly regarding the status of women
business owners within the State. In that regard, the Council shall review the
(1) The status of women-owned businesses statewide,
including progress made and barriers that remain, in order to assist these businesses to enter the mainstream of the Illinois economy.
(2) The role of State and local government in
assisting and promoting aid to, and the promotion of, women-owned businesses.
(3) Data collected by private and public sector
entities relating to women-owned businesses.
(4) Any other government initiatives that may exist
relating to women-owned businesses, including but not limited to those relating to State and local procurement.
(b) The Council shall recommend to the Governor and the General Assembly, on
an annual basis, all of the following:
(1) New private sector initiatives that would provide
management and technical assistance to women-owned businesses.
(2) Ways to promote greater access to public and
private sector financing and procurement opportunities for these businesses.
(3) Detailed multi-year plans of action, with
specific goals and timetables, for both public and private sector actions needed to overcome discriminatory barriers to full participation in the economic mainstream.
(c) The Council may hold hearings, take testimony, and request information
from State agencies.
(Source: P.A. 99-233, eff. 8-3-15.)