(20 ILCS 5035/15)
(a) The Commission shall review all State human services programs and make recommendations for achieving a system that will provide for the efficient and effective delivery of high quality human services. These recommendations shall include the following elements:
(1) Ensuring adequate appropriations for the
provision of human services.
(2) Establishing processes for determining fair,
adequate, and timely reimbursement.
(3) Maintaining efficient management of publicly
funded programs and services.
(4) Implementing best practices within the human
(5) Creating outcome measures and accountability
(6) Developing projections for future human services
needs based on demographic trends and other related variables.
(b) The Commission shall make best efforts to:
(1) Use existing reports, research, and planning
efforts and call for additional reports and research to support its work.
(2) Seek input from existing advisory councils and
task forces that address human services delivery, as well as other human services experts and the public at large, including one or more public hearings to take and consider public comment.
(3) Identify opportunities for increased efficiency
or cross-agency collaboration regarding human services delivery.
(Source: P.A. 97-1077, eff. 1-1-13.)