(20 ILCS 5015/10)
Creation of the Commission to End Hunger.
(a) The General Assembly authorizes the Department of Human Services to create the Commission to End Hunger.
(b) The purpose of the Commission to End Hunger shall be to develop an action plan every 2 years, review the progress of this plan, and ensure cross-collaboration among government entities and community partners toward the goal of ending hunger in Illinois.
(c) Key duties of the Commission shall include the following:
(1) Identify all funding sources which can be used
toward improving nutrition and ending hunger, for which the State has administrative control, and develop recommendations for future funding.
(2) Identify barriers to access and develop
sustainable policies and programs to address those barriers.
(3) Promote and facilitate public-private
(4) Develop benchmarks and set goals to indicate
(5) Report to the Governor and the General Assembly
(Source: P.A. 96-1119, eff. 7-20-10.)