(20 ILCS 5010/15)
(Section scheduled to be repealed on January 1, 2021)
Public members; eligibility; appointment; vacancy.
(a) A person appointed as a public member of the Commission must be a resident of this State.
(b) Public members of the Commission must include:
(1) persons who have served prominently as leaders
of or spokespersons for public or private organizations that serve members of religious, ethnic, national heritage, or social groups that were subjected to the Holocaust or other genocides;
(2) persons who have significant professional
experience in the field of Holocaust or genocide education;
(3) persons who represent liberators of Holocaust or
other genocide victims; and
(4) persons who have demonstrated a significant,
particular interest in Holocaust or genocide education.
(c) Appointments of public members to the Commission shall be made:
(1) without regard to the race, color, disability,
sex, religion, age, or national origin of an appointee; and
(2) so that each geographic area of this State is
represented on the Commission.
(d) The original appointing authority shall fill any vacancy in an appointed position on the Commission for the unexpired portion of the term.
(Source: P.A. 96-1063, eff. 1-1-11.)