(20 ILCS 4085/10)
The Commission shall be composed of the following members:
(a) Two members of the Senate appointed by the Senate
President, one of whom the President shall designate to serve as co-chair, and two members of the Senate appointed by the Minority Leader of the Senate.
(b) Two members of the House of Representatives
appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives, one of whom the Speaker shall designate to serve as co-chair, and two members of the House of Representatives appointed by the Minority Leader of the House of Representatives.
(c) The following persons or their designees:
the Attorney General,
(2) the Chief Judge of the Circuit Court of Cook
the Director of State Police,
(4) the Superintendent of the Chicago Police
(5) the sheriff of Cook County,
the State Appellate Defender,
the Cook County Public Defender,
(8) the Director of the Office of the State's
Attorneys Appellate Prosecutor,
(9) the Cook County State's Attorney,
(10) the Executive Director of the Criminal
Justice Information Authority,
the Director of Corrections,
(12) the Director of Juvenile Justice, and
(13) the Executive Director of the Illinois
African-American Family Commission.
(d) The co-chairs may name up to 8 persons,
representing minority communities within Illinois, groups involved in the improvement of the administration of justice, behavioral health, criminal justice, law enforcement, and the rehabilitation of former inmates, community groups, and other interested parties.
(Source: P.A. 95-995, eff. 6-1-09